  *375388 (-20)
  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

Before reading any more of my reply, remember, I **agree** with you, I'm not very keen on the model either. Although... Nik likes it better than the backhoe. But then, he's 10. (...) How about this prototype? (URL) (from the site you referenced.... (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) Really? See the link near the bottom of this post. I think a lot of them are still traditional red, or often bright yellow. Just my opinion, I really can't back this up with any data. (...) Mechanism to do what do you think? I figure the two (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: Sunstreak Hoverbike

(...) Ka-ching!! (...) Many thanks Chris...it really is a blast to build. I've got a couple more in the wings as well. Actually, this comes at a perfect time as I'm in the midst of minor renovations to my office (aka 'playroom') and these little (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  (LDS): Make Your on Classic Window Variant!  [DAT]

Here's an LDraw script to use if you wish to make a very specific Classic Window. By setting the variables, you can decide: * Thin or thick walls * Long or short ledge * With or without glass * Solid or slotted bottom pins. See (URL) can also set w (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Variants of Classic Windows and Doors

I have spent a couple of hours sorting and making some statistics over some of my Classic Windows and Doors. See below. I have come to some conclusions that I wish to have confirmed or confuted. See (URL) for vocabulary reference. * I guess LEGO cut (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) Yes, or ARFF's as they are affectionately known. But I should have qualified my proposal by saying, "if you asked the general public." Larry, you are far too knowledgeable when it comes to transportation, vehicles etc. to not see the vague (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Glory, glory 2003!

This is just a glorious year!!! Ninja is totally born anew, and Castle has 'BOTH' the Adventures line and the new Harry Potter sets to feed off of… A new style of Halberdier/Oriental Pike will be quite useful. (URL) the new Black-Cape… looks like (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2003)

  I am not so sure on how to say this in here.

Hello. It sure has been a long, nice dry spell since I was last online. Anyway, I was watching my local UPN affiliate and I saw the new LEGO commercials for the new Adventurers sets, the new Star Wars sets, and an all new LEGO theme that has to do (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Preview of new 2003 sets

Ken Dowd <kadowd@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:H87IMG.1KI@lugnet.com... (...) Totally fantastic line-up for this year. My whole family, Mom, Dad and two young boys, could hardly contain their excitement. I hope Lego continues to sell train (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.year.2003, lugnet.general)

  Re: sfbay target clearance @ 50% off...

(...) That's the Mindstorms set I bought. I guess it looked so bad it scared most people away. For those who didn't see it, the cover flap was totally ripped away and parts were jumbled inside. But I checked and all of the sensors and both motors (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Tech not dead

(...) Wow! 9 cylinders, that's unprecedented, It's also the same number as on my AK912 crane. The thought of adding pnumatics to the shovel on the original JCB had crossed my mind before. Jonathan Wilson's right, the lack of beams is appalling. The (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) I like the backhoe model as well, although I wonder if there are going to be any blue airtanks included... hopefully, since this looks like a large model using the 8466's large tires. It seems strange to me to have one technic set with 9 (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Homing Spider Droid MIni

(...) I talk to myself in real life, too. That comment as I was writing up the last mini got me started again. I like this version best: (URL)Reference photo: (...) Peter (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: New Mecha (finally...)

(...) Thanks Tim! Yeah, that angled ammunition drum did come out better than I originally thought. Before I made it, I was tinkering with a rectangular ammunition box, but that went nowhere (not enough tiles to cover the exposed studs). Anyways, (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) It looks a lot like an airport crash truck (a kind of fire truck) to me. Right down to the low slung body and fat all terrain wheels. The sickening lime green color is all the latest rage in crash truck colors, apparently.... (URL) that ugly (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) Releasing sets like that is NOT the way to get me to reach for my wallet. The 3 small mini sets look acceptable though. As for the backhoe, its got some good points (the large quantity of Pneumatics for one) but the worst point is that it (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Homing Spider Droid MIni

(...) Hmm. This got me thinking (as I had thoughts along the same line already) as I sorted today, and from Tusken Raider and AT Mission Deep Sea sets bought on clearance this week most of the right pieces came to hand... The version on the left was (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  hi lucny

hi lucny eric drumm here nicoles brother inlaw im out on my own in my own place with my own computer and road runner eric (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: [PRESS RELEASE] INTRODUCING BRICKS™ MAGAZINE - THE LEGO® FAN MAGAZINE.

In lugnet.general, Matthew Gerber writes: <snip> (...) Matt, Tim, it's good to see all the hard work you guys have been putting in come to fruition. Congrats to the both of you. -Chris (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: [PRESS RELEASE] INTRODUCING BRICKS™ MAGAZINE - THE LEGO® FAN MAGAZINE.

Yay! How can I help? Eric Sophie LMHoF www.mylegomaster.com (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.publish)

Skipped 1 message in group lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact