 Star Wars / 15026
15025  |  15027
Subject:
Homing Spider Droid MIni
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 00:30:35 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
Very cool!  I love how you put in the click hinge so it's flexible.  Now we
need some micro scale hailfire droids, spider droids, etc to creat the whole
battle.

Hmm.  This got me thinking (as I had thoughts along the same line already)
as I sorted today, and from Tusken Raider and AT Mission Deep Sea sets
bought on clearance this week most of the right pieces came to hand...

The version on the left was my first attempt, the right my second.  I like
the right one better... even though the upper part of the leg isn't as
spindly, or doubled-up like the prototype.  The angularity of the second one
makes up for it, I think.  Gotta work on adding a gun to the top...  I may
have to flip the body to make that happen.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pguenthe/hspider-mini/hspider3.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pguenthe/hspider-mini/hspider1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pguenthe/hspider-mini/hspider2.jpg

This is the Homing Spider Droid from Episode II.  Not sure about scale, I'll
have to re-watch the movie to see how it compares.  Not that scale is a big
concern in the official Lego minis!

Reference photo:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/homingspiderdroid/index.html

Peter