  *374764 (-20)
  Securities Firm and Statue Maker's Marketplace

Hi all, Here are two more medieval marketplaces. First off is the Securities Firm. (URL) (all ready moderated). This is a new concept for the marketplace, being both an extra wide store and two corner stores facing in. I figured it would be a cool (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 8431 Sold Out -- "DISCONTINUED", says SAH!!!

(...) Thanks for checking this out, Adrian. I'm not surprised by the response considering there would probably be some expense in moving the stock around across regions. Does anyone reading this thread know of any precedent for a set being available (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Revised Jamabalaya Space Box list and other info

(...) I've had this since the 27th. Shipping out to Canada today. Cost was a whopping 18 dollars! I was told at the post office I HAD to rebox. So I did. I cut apart the decorative bits from the old box and put them in the new. After butchering (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Brick Sorting

(...) Nice resolution :) Well, I have a medium small collection (around 4000 parts), so I just decided to purchase several of the drawer storage units, and divided my collection by parts type instead of color. Trust me, sorting by color will only (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: NQC 2.5 a4 released

(...) Sorry, there was a problem with the Mac OS X and Win32 builds. The source release is fine, but the executables were bad. I did a complete rebuild of the executables and have updated the web site ((URL) The new executables have the same version (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Brick Sorting

(...) My experience is it's all about how much Lego you've got. If you've got a collection that's less than, say, 3,000 pieces, you probably don't really even need to sort. In the end I think what it boils down to is how large of a bin/box/drawer (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Pod just not practical? Try a Cube...

(...) filler pieces work really well too, like a way of color-coding the cubes. They strike me as a great way to do cargo containers. And there I was at TRU, looking at Lego discounted by 70%... not buying because the set consisted largely of these (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Target Trains on Deep clearance...

(...) Mike, The Target at Fayetteville has a few of the trains, the log cars, the Caboose and Green Passenger car at deep discount as of New Year's Day. Strangely enough, a lot of the other things were cleaned out. The Target of Garner also had the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Any part udate?

I'm sorry about that, I have an update with 200+ pieces in my computer at home that I couldn't upload because the server has been down this last week. I'll get the 2002-06 update and upload it all this weekend. Leonardo (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

(...) The motor is included with the Santa Fe Starter kit. From LEGO Shop at Home: Kit includes: #10020 Santa Fe Super Chief Engine #10025 Santa Fe Cars Set I (Build Mail Car OR Baggage Car) #10022 Santa Fe Cars Set II (Build Dining Car, Observation (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Target Trains on Deep clearance...

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message news:H83I4r.7w4@lugnet.com... (...) those in (...) cars (...) I have seen the same thing - I thought someone else had posted it but it might have been on a mailing list. In my area (Raleigh) I (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Check this out...

Saw this on B-shelf and thought it was pretty cool: Buzz Lightyear! (URL) for some little green aliens! Joe Meno (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.disney)

  Target Trains on Deep clearance...

Can't believe I am the first to find this but I just bought several of the Target MOT sets with the Blue Passenger cars for about $79 each. (For those in Eastern MA don't bother trying the Saugus Target). All of the other MOT cars were at a similar (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 8431 Sold Out -- "DISCONTINUED", says SAH!!!

I just got of the phone with a US SAH rep and asked if they could import stock from another country to the US and the answer was no they can't. It's either contact a friend in a country that does have one or get on BrickLink. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  BrickTopia Star Wars Museum

This is a giant, new sky-scraper in BrickTopia, built in a Star Wars "Coruscant" theme. Here are the raw BrickShelf photos: (normal resolution photos) (URL) resolution photos) (URL) is the web site with descriptions: (URL) main BrickTopia web site (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.arch) !

  New MOCs: Some really tiny NYC landmarks

All: Hi there, everyone! Over the weekend I made some super-tiny scale New York City landmarks. Each is no more than a few inches tall... I made the CitiGroup Center, the Empire State Building, the UN, and the Woolworth Building. The Citigroup (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town) !!

  New MOCs: Some really tiny NYC landmarks

All: Hi there, everyone! Over the weekend I made some super-tiny scale New York City landmarks. Each is no more than a few inches tall... I made the CitiGroup Center, the Empire State Building, the UN, and the Woolworth Building. The Citigroup (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Brick Sorting

Hey Alex, So far I have my collection sorted this way: Rarer colors have their own drawer for everything since I don't have a lot of pieces yet. All my Castle and Pirate-specific pieces are grouped together in several large drawers. My basic bricks (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A few comments on decorated pieces

My gripe, as I said in my original post, is that TLG uses paint to decorate elements that severely limits their usage outside of that theme. Hence, they don't get used that much, if at all. It just seems a shame to limit the flexibility of some of (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: A few comments on decorated pieces

(...) Yep, I've run into both issues. A friend found a plastic polish that doesn't leave trans elements cloudy, but I forget the name of it. It was in a silver bag, and the polish was soaked into a piece of cloth. Other than that, it works like a (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact