 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 730
New MOCs: Some really tiny NYC landmarks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 16:29:04 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

All:

Hi there, everyone!  Over the weekend I made some super-tiny scale New York
City landmarks. Each is no more than a few inches tall... I made the
CitiGroup Center, the Empire State Building, the UN, and the Woolworth Building.

The Citigroup Center has a recessed plaza, St. Peter's church, and an
underground subway line:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/seankenney/Buildings/Mini-NYC/citigroup1.jpg

The Empire State Building was inspired by (and modeled after) Rick Ruiz's
mini Empire State.  I added the "red white and blue" nighttime lighting, and
modified the base a bit from his design:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/seankenney/Buildings/Mini-NYC/esb1.jpg
(Rick's model was uploaded recently, and can be found here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=30152 )

The UN Plaza has the Secretariat building, the General Assembly building
with its dome roof, lots of flagpoles, and the recessed highway underneath:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/seankenney/Buildings/Mini-NYC/un_2.jpg

The Woolworth building was a quickie, just a simple rendition of the classic
skyscraper:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/seankenney/Buildings/Mini-NYC/woolworth_1.jpg

The folder has additional pictures of my models, plus real-life photos:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=30542 (pending moderation)

Hope you like them.  I really had fun building these mini-models, and I'll
probably add to this collection with some more buildings soon.

Sean

(sorry for this duplicate post, i forgot to cross-post the original)