  *196836 (-20)
  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Plus they have links to quite a few LUG's (but no LTC's?). (URL) to start designing some sets. Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: RIS 2.0 content !!!

(...) Mega Slow? I've got ME and it loads in about 10 seconds. 2000 Professional took about (minutes, seconds)1:30. Kevin (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Wow, very cool indeed! Nice write up on Eric, Henry, Todd and Suz. Glad to see you guys get the recognition that you justly deserve. jt -- James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Let me be the first to say HOLY (expletive deleted for your protection) The ability to buy any piece in any quantity in perhaps any color is truly mindbendingly awesome. 2002 won't get here soon enough. Wow. Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What does everyone think of the Freight and Crane Railway?

(...) No, it is based on some of the Euro engines, IIRC, LGB have a engine somewhat similar in concept. (I think Austrian NG) It's to Lego scale, so figure that it is supposed to be a ~1500 hp engine, so a bit bigger than a 44 tonner (which are (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Colditz???

I did see these and he did an excellant job. As a matter of fact I had just watched the movie "The Colditz Story" a few days ago. For those who want to know, Colditz Castle was a German Jail for POWs who had escaped from other camps. It had the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Give Rick a ride fund! (was Re: December 10th Meeting)

(...) Hmmm... is that anything like "Driver carries $20 or less"? Peter (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

There's a new TLC press release at: (URL) the good stuff: (URL) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.org, lugnet.robotics) !!

  Re: Cleveland area gathering

Allrighty then. It's time for us to finalize plans. We'll meet on Saturday, December 9th, at 2pm. I think the only people who don't know where I live are Jeff K and Bram. Since Bram isn't driving himself, that'll be no problem. Jeff, I'll email you (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle)

  Give Rick a ride fund! (was Re: December 10th Meeting)

I can make it all day, granted some one can swing by to Dewitt and pick me up. My parents both work that day and they said i cna go! just get a ride! so... Here it is... GIVE RICK A RIDE FUND! No money accepted. Will give gas money though. Driver (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Sci Fi tech/art books and inspiration

As you can tell by my style of design (blocky and functional - not much sleekness), I'm very interested in actual artist renditions of early to late 21st century space craft. I don't have the names, but I picked up a few space books that simply (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: michigan lego train club to participate in GATS Jan 13-14

kai brodersen wrote in message ... (...) SHOW!!!...!!! Man, the Lego Trainiacs are on a roll at the moment! Hope you have as much fun as we (VLC) and NELUG did! Kevin (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: How did you come out of your Dark Ages?

rwebb@enohspamaltavista.net wrote in message ... (...) I'm sure you know this, but... it's also OK to take them apart and build something else with the pieces! After a while keeping the built models around the house starts to take up a lot of room, (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.people)

  NELUG Meeting, 12-18-2k 19:30:00

(Sorry for the wide distribution, but I didn't want to miss anyone who might be interested. Follow-ups set to lugnet.org.us.nelug) NELUG will be having its next meeting on Monday, December 18, at Bison County BBQ in Waltham, Massachusetts. The room (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.ri, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.announce) !

  Re: New 1x2 brick shape, fits technic pegs

(...) Possibly. I have a number of clear 1x2 bricks with studs (from a yard sale bag). I noticed that they seem to have a horizontal bar/indent on the inside of the chamber about where you mention. I wonder if this has been there for a long time, (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

  ldraw.org Holiday Fun

Here's an idea... Does someone want to take the standard ldraw.org header image, and give it Christmas decorations? I think that would be pretty cool, and would allow someone out there to explore what they can do with enhancing an image. I'll accept (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  2001 Star Wars Sets Have Hit The Shelves in Indy

For those of you in the Indianapolis area, the 2001 Star Wars sets have hit the shelves. The Greenwood Target has the Droid Carrier ($10), AT-ST ($10), and Watto's Junkyard($50 - rip-off). The Washington Square Target has all of the SW sets except (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: What does everyone think of the Freight and Crane Railway?

(...) I know this is an old topic, but I have something to say about the engine in this set. I intend to raise the headlights above the level of the end grilles, add an underbelly fuel tank, horns, and different windshields. When I'm done I'll post (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gear train friction?

Fredrik Glöckner <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote in message news:m3k89e4iva.fsf@...ldomain... (...) The difference is, when the bush is rubbing against the beam, it's a much greater surface area than when the axle-end rubs the end-stop. ROSCO (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Is this a possibility?...

(...) That's a great idea!!!! One member of each Lego group should appoint a member to be responsible for this (Title of Position: internal and external relations officer). This concept has applications for national trading as well. I live in (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.year.2000, lugnet.general)

Skipped 1 message in group lugnet.off-topic.debate (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact