 General / 24975
Re: New 1x2 brick shape, fits technic pegs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 01:07:27 GMT

In lugnet.general, Paul Gyugyi writes:
I noticed something about the 1x2 bricks in the LoM sets.
On the inside, about 80% of the way up, there are small
indentations on the walls. If you insert a technic peg
(where a stud would normally fit), it will click into place.
Is this new, or something I've just missed before?
It works especially well with the technic
double-peg-with-axle-hole.

BTW, what is the best group to talk about the engineering
design of the bricks (brick shapes, plastic types, etc)?

-gyug

Possibly. I have a number of clear 1x2 bricks with studs (from a yard sale
bag). I noticed that they seem to have a horizontal bar/indent on the inside of
the chamber about where you mention. I wonder if this has been there for a long
time, but is only obvious in the clear bricks. Note that the 1x2 without centre
stud bricks do not have this horizontal bar.

Ray
l#24