 Znap / 233
Re: Interfacing Znap to System
Newsgroups:
lugnet.znap, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 22:13:25 GMT

In lugnet.znap, Scott Lyttle writes:

Ever thought about using the "jumper" bricks (the 1 x 2 plates with the stud
in the center) to create an offset?  This would let you make a 6 wide roof,
and 7 wide compartment for the ZNAP.

Actually, that's exactly how those containers were built. I was originally
inspired to start making 5 and 7 wide cars since the train heads were always
arguing 6 or 8. I said make 'em 7 and stop complaining. Then I went home and
tried it. This truck is actually a combination of 4, 5, and 6 wide:
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=70939

When I discovered the 7 wide openings common on Znap, I knew I could build
containers with floors and roofs at 6 and walls at 7 wide.

I did some experimenting with alternating by half steps withOUT jumper tiles.
Using the tubes on the underside of bricks and plates you can widen a cornice
(my example) from 6 wide to 7 (keeping the 7 wide plate centered, and then to 8
wide. I don't have pictures yet, but hopefully will in the next weekend or so.

Have you guys found ANY system brick that connects or fits with the purple
connectors?

Aaron Sneary
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=asneary