 Znap / 230
229  |  231
Subject:
Interfacing Znap to System
Newsgroups:
lugnet.znap, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 19:08:19 GMT

With the proliferation of Znap on clearance, I have been wondering how Znap can
be interfaced to System. Here I present four possible methods:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=7818>

Method 1 - uses <part:2476> Plate 2 x 2 with Pin. Multiple of these are stagered
along a znap beam. Then you can place a 2x or 4x plate across them. This seems
to be very structuraly sound. I can imagine this being used either flat or in a
vertical mode (as in skinning the side of a large building).

Method 2 - uses <part:4274> Techinic Pin 1/2. Each pin is a standard Techinc pin
coupled with a standard stud. This is slightly less sound than method 1, mostly
because you have 1/2 the number of pins, but it does give you 1:1 alignment
between the system studs and the znap holes.

Method 3 - uses <part:2458> Brick 1 x 2 with Pin. This would probably be used in
a building skinning application also. Seems to be quite sound.

Method 4 - uses <part:2460> Tile 2 x 2 with Pin. A good method of attaching Znap
to a baseplate or any other supporting System structure, where conventional
studs are on the top.

All of these parts appear to be readily available in the marketplace. One might
even describe them as being 'less desirable' parts. Another example of bricolage
:)

Ray