 Western/Wild West / *846 (-20)
Re: MOC: The Old West
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2008 19:18:59 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Michael Huffman wrote:
   Just wanted to share my Old West town created for the Festival of the Masters event, taken place at Downtown Disney, in Orlando, Florida:

That’s a nice scene, I like the way the row of round plates 1x1 work near the top of the brown building white the blue boardwalk canopy, and I like the brown two-toned boardwalk canopy on the far right.

Please inform Scott Miller that I’ve made two simple changes to my own copy of the set #10015 / set #4534 passenger wagon, i feel this improves it’s appearence considerably:
  • replace the red roof plates and tiles by brown plates and tiles
  • shorten the boogies by one stud (using a partwise cheap and relative simple adaptation)
For details, see http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=49884

Re: MOC: The Old West
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:27:17 GMT

A simple and beautiful diorama. Very nice work capturing a complete scene.

Thanks for sharing and God Bless,

Nathan

MOC: The Old West
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.western
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2008 23:51:06 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Just wanted to share my Old West town created for the Festival of the Masters event, taken place at Downtown Disney, in Orlando, Florida:

(photo by Joe Meno)

(photo by Todd Thuma)

(photo by brickbuilder711)

The Old West town was a collaboration effort, the steam engine, tender & passenger car was build by Scott Miller, fellow GFLUG member.

As you can tell, it’s been modified a bit since my original upload to Flickr... all it’s missing is some cows. :)

Enjoy,
--Mike.

Subject:
Happy Halloween
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.western, lugnet.fun.holiday
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2007 19:34:26 GMT

Just spreading a little holiday fear!

Subject:
MOC's: House of Ill Repute & General Store
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 02:36:10 GMT

Hey all,

Hope y'all en-joy these "Deadwood" inspired dioramas!

<<http://www.xenobuzz.com/MyLegoCreations/Corpseville.htm>>

They've been languishing on my shelf for months, dig the dust!

Dave S.

Subject:
Castle and other Historical at BrickFest™ PDX 2007 (March 30th-April 1st)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.castle, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.western, lugnet.build.ancient
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2007 00:49:06 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Here we go again in Portland! Just over 2 months till Brickfest PDX 2007!!

Frank Filz, Brendan Mauro, and I are coordinating the Castle display along with other Historical (Pirate, Adventurers, Wild West, etc.). We’ve got plenty of room in Convention Center so we’d like to make this display bigger than the one we had at NWBC. The combined Castle display at NWBC was a huge success using CCC, Base8, and unique creations. If you’re planning on attending and depending on the theme please e-mail us, reply here, or join in the discussion over at Classic-Castle and let us know if you’re interested or not in participating in a combined display. Also please let us know what you’re planning on bringing so we can get a general idea of how much area we’re going to request. Based on the response we’re getting over at Classic-Castle this is going to be a very large combined display.

We’d like to plan for a fun time to be had by all so send us your ideas for events you’d like to see happen. We’ll have Show ‘n Tell, Castle Community Roundtable, and most likely a Landscaping discussion. Please let us know what else you’d like to do. If you’d like to do a particular session or contest just let us know and we’ll help make it happen.

We’ll most likely start a separate email list for planning the actual display so to keep the final presentation a bigger surprise. We’ve got to keep those Train guys guessing!

We’ve got plenty of time for planning and building so start brainstorming those ideas for creating one of the most exciting Castle displays ever!!!

Thomas Rafert, Frank Filz, and Brendan Mauro

BrickFest PDX 2007 Castle and Historical Coordinators

Re: Cleaning My Brickshelf Gallery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.western
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2006 23:06:49 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Rene Hoffmeister wrote:

   please consider to just move them into a seperate folder. It’s very interesting sometimes to see how someone’s building skills improved over time. You could name the folder “pre-oeuvre” or so, so everybody can compare your early buildings with your present MOCs.

Leg Godt! Rene

Hey Rene,

Thanks for your comments (and sorry for my late reply). Many of the removed MOCs will still appear in the backgrounds of layouts, so for now I’m determined to carry on...

Thanks much and God Bless,

Nathan

Visit my brickshelf gallery: (pic=link)

Re: Cleaning My Brickshelf Gallery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.western
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:32:09 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Nathan Todd wrote:
Hey all,

I have decided to clean out all the older MOCs from my Brickshelf Gallery

Hi Nathan,

please consider to just move them into a seperate folder. It's very interesting
sometimes to see how someone's building skills improved over time. You could
name the folder "pre-oeuvre" or so, so everybody can compare your early
buildings with your present MOCs.

Leg Godt!
Rene

Subject:
Cleaning My Brickshelf Gallery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.western
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:16:59 GMT

Hey all,

I have decided to clean out all the older MOCs from my Brickshelf Gallery as I am ashamed by their quality and I hope to make room for new and improved ones. The ones being cut are mainly old CC entries and Medieval Marketplace Standard MOCs. Most of them will still be visible in folders featuring whole layouts, it is only the folders containing the individual buildings that are being deleted. Here is a quick list of the items that will be going in case anyone wants to look at anything before it vanishes off-line:

God Bless all,

Nathan

Visit my brickshelf gallery: (pic=link)

Re: Falsification or unreleased
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2006 03:13:32 GMT

In lugnet.western, Larry Lesser wrote:
If these are fake the person or persons who did them spent a lot of time for no reason.

Impressing one's peers is a great reason to spend a lot of time on a project[1].
And as a Wild West fan, I'm quite impressed.

Rick C.

[1] When I'm driven to complete a project, my motivation is usually about 50%
inspiration, 50% personal satisfaction, and 50% external validation (impressing
my peers).

Re: Falsification or unreleased
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2006 18:08:08 GMT

In lugnet.western, Elroy Davis wrote:

These are MOCs that one of the guys over on Eurobricks put together.  Pretty
neat idea for a sub-theme, and excellent work putting them together as "sets".

-Elroy

Those "sets" look top-notch! They really capture the style of the
old Lego System models. Now, it would be interesting to see if
someone could feasably produce a production run of these sets. I,
for one, would be interesting in buying one!

They'd probably have to change the packaging, though.
Blame the lawyers for that!

- Matt Hein

www.ospreycg.net

Re: Falsification or unreleased
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2006 16:20:58 GMT

In lugnet.western, Dave Schuler wrote:

   (of course, LEGO sets aren’t exactly my area of expertise...)

You can say that again, pardner!

john

Re: Falsification or unreleased
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2006 05:28:10 GMT

If these are fake the person or persons who did them spent a lot of time for no
reason. The insturtions on one of the sets look really good and I think that
they are official.

If I was Lego I would probably make 15-20 different sets for a theme. Test them
with test groups, then decide which ones that I would want the market to take.

Re: Falsification or unreleased
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2006 21:01:23 GMT

Hi,

I just found them a few days ago.
Well, call it a hoax. It's not from TLC itself.
You'll find instructions as well, something TLC doesn't do this way.

But it's done very, very nice!

I would love to see sets like these coming into stores.

Best regards,

Daan Bargerbos

Re: Falsification or unreleased
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2006 00:08:27 GMT

In lugnet.western, Anders Franzén wrote:
I'm sorry if this is old news but...

While browsing Brickshelf this evening I stumbled upon these two Western sets
I've never seen before, 6758 and 6776:

Is this just a hoax or is it unreleased official LEGO sets?

These are MOCs that one of the guys over on Eurobricks put together.  Pretty
neat idea for a sub-theme, and excellent work putting them together as "sets".

-Elroy

Re: Falsification or unreleased
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2006 21:36:05 GMT

In lugnet.western, Anders Franzén wrote:
I'm sorry if this is old news but...

While browsing Brickshelf this evening I stumbled upon these two Western sets
I've never seen before, 6758 and 6776:

Is this just a hoax or is it unreleased official LEGO sets?

Hoax, I say.  And a darned cool one!

(of course, LEGO sets aren't exactly my area of expertise...)

Dave!

Subject:
Falsification or unreleased
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2006 20:44:57 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I'm sorry if this is old news but...

While browsing Brickshelf this evening I stumbled upon these two Western sets
I've never seen before, 6758 and 6776:

Is this just a hoax or is it unreleased official LEGO sets?

Subject:
Cthulego - The Burrower Brickneath.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.western
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2006 20:52:41 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi, this is my new Cthulego diorama. It was going to be unveiled exclusively at Legoworld this year, but due to a change in circumstances I’m not sure how much of the event (if any) I will be present for or for that matter when after next Friday I will be able to post mocs online again, so here it is now:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=206946 mocpages: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/22779

Any comments are of course welcome and encouraged!

Cheers, Mark. (Nabii)

Re: Lego Brokeback Mountain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:46:29 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Daniel Brown wrote:
   I wish I knew how to quit ewe.

http://destinationdaniel.smugmug.com/photos/56764726-M.jpg

More online at: http://destinationdaniel.smugmug.com/gallery/1213678

Enjoy!

--Daniel

Jonah Goldberg mentioned this today on National Review Online’s blog, The Corner.

Marc Nelson Jr.

Marc’s Creations

Re: Lego Brokeback Mountain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:22:05 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Daniel Brown wrote:
   I wish I knew how to quit ewe.

More online at: http://destinationdaniel.smugmug.com/gallery/1213678

Oh, that is good stuff. You really captured some of the better scenes of the movie.

I want to see the 70’s Texan ranch though. That would be fantastic.

Jeff

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact