 Trains / Train Organizations / 2611
Re: Pictures and Video of COLTC at the Greenberg show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 02:55:56 GMT

I was wondering how tall the buildings are in feet.

thanks

mark

indylug

In lugnet.events, Paul Janssen wrote:
   Last weekend, COLTC displayed at the Greenberg Toy, Train, and Hobby show, in Columbus, Ohio. We had one of our largest displays to date in our young life (we just turned 1 year old). We had an L-shaped, 30 x 30 foot display, with a total of 4 running train loops, 4 long parking train tracks, and 3 monorail loops. The train loops were connected such that 1 long loop of almost 400 (!) feet could be formed. We displayed our Columbus Downtown Project (in progress). The LeVeque tower (white tall one in the middle) was recently remodelled::

snip

Several more skyscrapers are still under construction, this one will be the tallest when finished:

snip

Mike Ulring brought his castle / medieval village:

snip

In addition, the Beach, Bridge, and Drive-in theater, as always, got a lot of attention, as did many other MOCs and scenes.

Several members took pictures:

John Bucy: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=75877

Paul Janssen: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=76080

David “Scooter” Lukens: http://www.insanityunlimited.com/pictures/2004/lego_show/