 Events / 1162

Subject:
Pictures and Video of COLTC at the Greenberg show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:47:24 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Last weekend, COLTC displayed at the Greenberg Toy, Train, and Hobby show, in Columbus, Ohio. We had one of our largest displays to date in our young life (we just turned 1 year old). We had an L-shaped, 30 x 30 foot display, with a total of 4 running train loops, 4 long parking train tracks, and 3 monorail loops. The train loops were connected such that 1 long loop of almost 400 (!) feet could be formed. We displayed our Columbus Downtown Project (in progress). The LeVeque tower (white tall one in the middle) was recently remodelled::

Several more skyscrapers are still under construction, this one will be the tallest when finished:

Mike Ulring brought his castle / medieval village:

In addition, the Beach, Bridge, and Drive-in theater, as always, got a lot of attention, as did many other MOCs and scenes.

Several members took pictures:

John Bucy: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=75877

Paul Janssen: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=76080

David “Scooter” Lukens: http://www.insanityunlimited.com/pictures/2004/lego_show/

and movies:

David “Scooter” Lukens: http://www.insanityunlimited.com/movies

John Bucy: http://65.18.189.96/LEGO.html

John Bucy, on a different web-host: http://teched.net/~jacob/models/coltc/cmhgreenberg2004

Let us know what you think!

Paul Janssen, COLTC

Re: Pictures and Video of COLTC at the Greenberg show
   Last weekend, COLTC displayed at the Greenberg Toy, Train, and Hobby show, >in Columbus, Ohio.

That’s pretty amazing. I was looking at the LeVeque Tower on Brickshelf yesterday and wondered who was responsible for it.. Very nice!

Re: Pictures and Video of COLTC at the Greenberg show
I was wondering how tall the buildings are in feet.

thanks

mark

indylug

In lugnet.events, Paul Janssen wrote:
   Last weekend, COLTC displayed at the Greenberg Toy, Train, and Hobby show, in Columbus, Ohio. We had one of our largest displays to date in our young life (we just turned 1 year old). We had an L-shaped, 30 x 30 foot display, with a total of 4 running train loops, 4 long parking train tracks, and 3 monorail loops. The train loops were connected such that 1 long loop of almost 400 (!) feet could be formed. We displayed our Columbus Downtown Project (in progress). The LeVeque tower (white tall one in the middle) was recently remodelled::

snip