 Trains / 5896
Re: Question about Running 12v trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 23:18:13 GMT

"Ben" wrote:

The Lego® motors (especially the older ones) are very robust! I drove my first
4.5 v motor for weeks with 12V and nothing happened, and I even drove it in
the bathroom underwater

Ben, we have _got_ to hear the story of this!  I used to make paddle
"steamers", using Electical tape and Lego (the tape seals the Lego up quite
well...except across the bottom...) I don't have any pic's here, and I doubt
there are any at home...

4.5V motor mounted in the middle of 4 of the (10x24?) green plates with walls
made of 1x bricks, wrapped with electrical tape.  Bottom joints plated
top/bottom with longish pieces to reduce the number of leaks.  Float times up
to about 15 min, before draining due to waterlevel aproaching batterybox.  4.5V
(3*C) battery box used.

James P