 Trains / 5896
  Re: Question about Running 12v trains

(...) Ben, we have _got_ to hear the story of this! I used to make paddle "steamers", using Electical tape and Lego (the tape seals the Lego up quite well...except across the bottom...) I don't have any pic's here, and I doubt there are any at (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Question about Running 12v trains

(...) first (...) 4.5V (...) At the age of maybe 5 to 7 I built a paddle steamer too, but I used the red swimming hulls of set 311: (URL) I built it with a gap in the middle for the paddles shaft and placed my 103 motor avove that. (I dared to use (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Question about Running 12v trains

(...) One possible explanation for this (since I have washed many bricks and noticed this sometimes, but not most of the time): Dirty bricks will have a layer of grit on them which could throw off the tolerances, and will increase wear, especially (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats, lugnet.general)