 Trains / 29582
29581  |  29583
Subject:
Rutland Boxcar #104
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2007 23:10:11 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

One of the positive sides of all the recent talk of 9v trains is that it got me building again. I don’t usually post renders, but I liked the way this one turned out, and I don’t (yet) have the pieces to build it.

Here is my version of Rutland Railroad’s boxcar #104:

Prototype information is here. Reading through that page, there is some debate about the color of the roof on the original cars. I went with yellow since that’s what most of the eyewitnesses claim to remember.

Sadly, the Rutland died back in the 1960’s, but the bright green and yellow boxcars make excellent models. The door is based on Chris Masi’s excellent opening door design, which has become my default for boxcars. Sticker .dat’s were generated using Scott Wardlaw’s sticker generator, and the trucks are those that were featured in the first issue of RailBricks.

-Elroy