 Trains / 29592
Re: Rutland Boxcar #104
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2007 01:53:57 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh wrote:
   What is the “opening door design”? Are there some examples of the method being use? I did a search on LUGNET and came up empty.

jt

This brickshelf gallery has a pretty good example of it. The version I used is slightly different, but the basic idea is the same.

Basically, use two plates, back to back, held together with a couple of bricks with studs on both sides. The door then slides along a tile on the bottom and a plate on the top. The plates with the door rails help keep the door aligned.

-Elroy