 Trains / 29590
Re: Rutland Boxcar #104
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2007 16:50:06 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:
Elroy Davis wrote:
The door is based on Chris Masi's excellent
opening door design, which has become my default for boxcars.

Great boxcar Elroy, and thanks for the nod... but if we spreading credit
around, then I should let you know that the slide is based on a
suggestion by James Mathis. On the other hand, you deserve all the
credit for coming up with a great model. I can't wait to see it on the
layout.

Chris

Thanks Chris.  That door design is great.  It's the best brick built solution
I've found that still allows the interior of the car to be used.

Now that I've got the boxcar design, I'm tempted to build a few, plus a Rutland
diesel locomotive and caboose to go with them.  I may build a Rutland steamer
first though.

So many projects, so little time.

-Elroy