 Trains / 29473
Re: Brickling Brothers International Traveling Circus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2007 19:09:46 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Elroy Davis wrote:
   Ladies and Gentlemen! Children of All Ages! Step right up! Enter the World of Brickling Brothers International Traveling Circus!

Elroy, Really creative theme and creative use of various pieces. Well thought-out, inspiring, and very nicely done.

   As always, comments are appreciated.

-Elroy

I do have one very minor comment/suggestion...

   Finally, the train is finished out with a simple Clown Caboose. This car is where Brickling’s clowns travel. Since clowns are not particular about their traveling arrangements, there is no interior to this car. The top is removable, and the clowns are tossed inside. This does have the advantage of being able to stuff a large number of clowns into a small space, however.

In the context of the full train, the caboose goes with color theme of the passenger cars... however on its own, the caboose seems a little plain to me.

My idea would simply be to add the “Brickling Bros.” logo from the tender to the side of the caboose to break up all of the yellow. I think a logo at the back of the train would really polish it off (or maybe some clown themed objects to spice it up)...

Other potential ideas for the caboose would be: -Altering the front to have a door/overhang; -Adding more side windows to see all the clowns piled in (or maybe even shuttered windows so that the clowns could wave or pile out of them:)). ; -Make the caboose even smaller to exagerate how many clowns can fit into a small space.; -Perhaps could also have the thin plate pieces below the roof slopes as red to define the roof (and maybe do the same on passenger cars). ;

These ideas are minor and probably a personal style preference... or maybe it’s just a very creative theme that sets my mind loose with new ideas.

Again, this is a very awesome train and thanks for the creative write-up.

Regards, Ted Andes