 Trains / 29279
Re: PRR T1 #6110
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2007 18:16:37 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Cale Leiphart wrote:
   The T1 is my favorite PRR passenger engine and is on my long list of equipment to model. I cant believe you beat me to it.

Frankly, neither can I. When you posted the pictures from the PennLUG Display at The Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania, I thought for sure I’d see one that you built on the tracks somewhere...

Digging deep into the Brickshelf archives, I did find someone’s startings of a T-1 that looked very promising. I think it ended up more of a brick study on the engine nose portion (I’m not sure who’s folder that is to give credit).

   Your Engine looks great. Getting such a big loco to work in 6 wide is a real challenge. I think you did well in capturing the spirit of this engine. The nose has the classic T1 look. The striping and the brick built keystone look great. And the curving of the body work on top of the tender turned out awesome.

Very Nice

Now I need to start working on my own Duplex.

Cale

Thanks for the comments Cale. It took some time to sort it out and get the proportions right. I think the one area that will always be open to interpretation is how to arrive at the nose and cow-catcher shape. I debated whether to use plates on the cow-catcher, studs out on the sides, or do some snot brick work (like the user MOC above) and smooth it out. Since the piece selection in LDD was limited, I opted for plates.

I think the next step for my T1 engine/tender is employing some of the fine lettering/decal work that your PRR units show so well.