 Trains / 27888
Re: Building the Christmas Train 2006: Set 10173 - brief report & pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2006 18:05:19 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bruce S. Chamberlain wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Klaas H. Meijaard wrote:
   I start with my conclusion: If you look for a very nice Christmas present, for yourself or for your kids: go buy this Christmas Train!!!

I could not resist to buy this nice set at the Brand Store in Oberhausen-Germany. I build it, and made some pics.

Snip

Question for the general train set builder...

I only own a few train sets, but this was something that surprised me...

(from Klaas Meijaard photo set)

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Greenman/ChristmasTrain10173/christmastrain_10173-03.jpg

Have other sets come with the metal rod that mounts onto the train wheels as separate pieces? In my limited amount of train sets, I have yet to see this, and found it very curious.

Janey “Red Brick”

The wheel sets in the train factory and the new IR train sets are the same. This is the new wheel set for Lego trains.

Bruce

That is pretty cool. The Wheels could be then swapped out with custom wheels...example the wheels available from BBB.... then???

Ben