 Trains / 27863
Re: Building the Christmas Train 2006: Set 10173 - brief report & pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 20:33:42 GMT

   How well does the triple wheel set on the engine take corners and points?

I haven’t tried it with this set, but I did try a six-wheeled version of the locomotive from 4563. It worked fine, as long as the wheels were one set right after the other. If there is any additional spacing between, one runs into problems as soon as the locomotive enters a curve.

Of course, builders have various tricks for getting around this. Some use sliding wheels, and BBB offers blind drivers for the purpose of making 6+ wheeled trucks.

-Jordan