 Trains / 26702
Re: SpeedRail TGV Thalys
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 15:51:04 GMT

Yes I have seen that train and the close-coupling, its a great MOC. I too started with using a rubber band CC inside my train. But after several times of taking apart my train just to place it on the track, I found a more simple solution. Place everything ontop of the train. Sure this wont work for all trains, design wise, but for the TGV it works. As that is where the power connection betweent he cars is anyways.

The shared truck is just sitting under the cars.

You can see how the 2x2 round brick slides in the the truck. This whole setup works great and alows for easy placement on the track. Especially if you have a TGV with 10 Cars. :P

Dave

www.GPLR.org

Very neat solution. If I built for real I might use it too since I can imagine it must be nightmare lining up the wheels otherwise.

Tim