 Trains / 26691
Re: SpeedRail TGV Thalys
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 18:22:44 GMT

I am a big fan of all things TGV. (You may have seen my 10ft+ long TGV) This is a cool model and I see how you have been influenced by other designs. I know this is CAD work, but I would like to see how you have the articulation between the cars. Are you using the spring bricks or another method?

Well the first reply got eaten by the dead harddrive so here is mark II. The close-coupling is Jason Allemann’s O-train coupling technique. That is my favourite close-coupling technique and if you see me using close-coupling, it will be it.

   Also I think the door design might be a bit big for this model. Overall cool design and the colors are great. Also do you have plans to make this built in the brick?

Dave www.GPLR.org

I’m inclined to agree that the doors are a bit too big. Maybe three-wide would have been better.

The train is unlikely to be built since I gave neither the space nor the bricks to do it justice (I think a six car minimum would be required). Maybe if trains parts get cheaper and more easily available I might consider building an IR version but it is unlikely.

Thanks for your comments,

Tim