 Trains / 26646
    SpeedRail TGV Thalys —Timothy Gould
   Hi all, Ran across some photos of this train ((URL) 1>, (URL) 2>, (URL) 3>, (URL) 4>) the other day and thought it rather neat: a Thalys TGV in different colours. The real thing was to run between Sydney and Canberra but cost too much so never (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

        Re: SpeedRail TGV Thalys —James Mathis
     (...) Stellar work, Tim. I don't have time to say much nor to comment on all your recent and impressive works, so my enthusiasm and admiration stated here is intended broadly. I've been lurking and enjoying your constant stream of new MOCs. later, (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: SpeedRail TGV Thalys —Timothy Gould
     (...) Hi James, Thanks very much for your compliments. I'm building on the excellent groundwork of other AFOLs such as yourself so that makes designing new things a lot easier. I hope that people can learn from my work as I have learnt from the work (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: SpeedRail TGV Thalys —David VinZant
   (...) I am a big fan of all things TGV. (You may have seen my 10ft+ long TGV) This is a cool model and I see how you have been influenced by other designs. I know this is CAD work, but I would like to see how you have the articulation between the (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: SpeedRail TGV Thalys —Timothy Gould
     (...) I have and it's very impressive. (...) I'm using the technique David Allemann invented for his O-train ((URL) see it here>). It is by far my favourite close-coupling technique and I have even built it in the brick before (which is pretty rare (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: SpeedRail TGV Thalys —Timothy Gould
     (...) I'm so very sorry. I meant Jason Allemann. I'd only just woken up so my brain was still a bit fuddled. Tim (18 years ago, 24-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: SpeedRail TGV Thalys —Timothy Gould
   (...) Well the first reply got eaten by the dead harddrive so here is mark II. The close-coupling is Jason Allemann's (URL) O-train coupling technique>. That is my favourite close-coupling technique and if you see me using close-coupling, it will be (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: SpeedRail TGV Thalys —David VinZant
   (...) Yes I have seen that train and the close-coupling, its a great MOC. I too started with using a rubber band CC inside my train. But after several times of taking apart my train just to place it on the track, I found a more simple solution. (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: SpeedRail TGV Thalys —Timothy Gould
   (...) Very neat solution. If I built for real I might use it too since I can imagine it must be nightmare lining up the wheels otherwise. Tim (18 years ago, 27-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)