 Trains / 26478
Re: Some more infos on new trains // more new infos as quoted from 1000steine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 21:01:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Reynolds wrote:

Hi Jonathan!

[snip]

Thanks for the info Ben, This does not seem to fit with the train scene photo
because that shows metal wheels and a 30 stud long baseplate. The Baseplate
length has been counted by at least 3 AFOLs discussing on the Brickish
Association website.

Sorry my mistake: I read the plate woud be 32 studs at 1000steine, but in fact
it is 30 studs long.

Ps - I welcomed the horn feature until I re-read your post and realised it is
located in the controller handset - is this correct?

Yes correct as Holger has already mentioned.

Leg Godt!

Ben

P.s.: Rollingbricks and Heiner added some extra information on 1000steine.com

The train wheels will have rubber rings as known already from todays system

The train motor can be exchanged and replaced by the todays 9V motor. (So this
information includes the information, that the cable will remain the same.

With the (possibly prototype mold?) piece we have seen in Frechen, there was no
chance to add a second motor (no place for wiring).

The batteriesshould last for approx. 6 hours. You can shut the engine down
maually. If you forget to do so it shuts down after a while (time limit not
known so far).

So far it is not clear if the trains (or one of them?) will come with lights.
the poster shows just photoshopping.

Fright train will come with 4 waggons 30 pieces of trackl and will cost
(probably) 160 Eur.

Track might cost approx 50% (track sets will contain double amount of pieces for
similar prices like now).

Re: Some more infos on new trains // more new infos as quoted from 1000steine
The train motor can be exchanged and replaced by the todays 9V motor. (So
this
information includes the information, that the cable will remain the same.

Maybe, maybe not.  It is entirely possible LEGO will have a cable with the
new RJ jack on one end and the traditional 2x2 electrical plate on the other
end.

[ ... snipped ... ]

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com

Re: Some more infos on new trains // more new infos as quoted from 1000steine