 Trains / 26429
Re: Are We Headed to a New Wiring System?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 20:29:02 GMT

In lugnet.technic, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Adrian Egli wrote:

   My question is: Is the 2x2 wired plate system used in 9V in its last days???

Thoughts

This is an interesting and intriguing hypothesis, Adrian. For our (TCLTC) applications of the LEGO wiring system, RJ would be a welcome change. One could custom cut wire lengths, and it would be a whole lot cheaper (and probably more reliable, too). It would blur the lines between LEGO elements and non LEGO elements, but this is its greatest feature, IMO.

Unfortunately, however, it seems the connectors are obscure RJ-type connectors, and are not easily obtainable - may even be custom made for TLC. And they make “piggy-backing” connectors much harder. I’ll reserve my opinion for now...

ROSCO