 Trains / 26416
    Are We Headed to a New Wiring System? —Adrian Egli
   With all the talk recently about the NXT MindStorms, something hit me this morning. I'm guessing most of us here have seen this picture- (URL) note is the use of the RJ style wiring they use. Now, let's think about this for a moment. Waaaay back in (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

        Re: Are We Headed to a New Wiring System? —John Neal
     (...) This is an interesting and intriguing hypothesis, Adrian. For our (TCLTC) applications of the LEGO wiring system, RJ would be a welcome change. One could custom cut wire lengths, and it would be a whole lot cheaper (and probably more reliable, (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, FTX)

         Re: Are We Headed to a New Wiring System? —Ross Crawford
     (...) Unfortunately, however, (URL) it seems the connectors are obscure RJ-type connectors>, and are not easily obtainable - may even be custom made for TLC. And they make "piggy-backing" connectors much harder. I'll reserve my opinion for now... (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, FTX)

        Re: Are We Headed to a New Wiring System? —Steve Lane
     (...) My gut feeling is no. Their is no need for Technic to have a six wire flex. I'm pretty sure it's more expensive from a manufacturing point of view and it's bulkier. Also why go to all the expense of having to redesign all the current 9V parts? (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

         Re: Are We Headed to a New Wiring System? —Gary Tabener
      "Steve Lane yahoo.co.uk>" <stevenrobertlane@<n...pamplease> wrote in message news:IsoMtA.C62@lugnet.com... (...) days??? (...) flex. I'm (...) it's (...) current 9V (...) It does seem to go away from the whole compatability isuue that LEGO has (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

        Re: Are We Headed to a New Wiring System? For Mindstorms the answer is: YES! —Reinhard "Ben" Beneke
   Hi Adrian, the new mindstorms is using standard plugs as known from telephone systems. At least this is what the "experts" said in Frechen yesterday. I myself have no deeper knowledge in mindstrorms and I cannot guarantee what a telephone cable (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)