 Trains / 26416
26415  |  26417
Subject:
Are We Headed to a New Wiring System?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 16:37:28 GMT

With all the talk recently about the NXT MindStorms, something hit me this
morning.  I'm guessing most of us here have seen this picture-

http://cache.lego.com/upload/contentTemplating/LEGOAboutUs-PressReleases/images/2057/picAA00C400-D0CE-4118-8762-82A18499E875.jpg

Of note is the use of the RJ style wiring they use.

Now, let's think about this for a moment.  Waaaay back in the 1960s and 1970s,
we used a two prong connector to power our 4.5 V (and to the lucky ones 12V),
then came the three prong in the 80s(?).  Later that decade came 9V with the
electric plate(s) followed by the wired 2x2 plate system we been using for over
fifteen years now.

My question is: Is the 2x2 wired plate system used in 9V in its last days???

Thoughts

Adr.