 Trains / 26432
Re: Are We Headed to a New Wiring System?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 20:05:56 GMT

"Steve Lane yahoo.co.uk>" <stevenrobertlane@<nospamplease> wrote in message
In lugnet.trains, Adrian Egli wrote:

My question is: Is the 2x2 wired plate system used in 9V in its last • days???

Thoughts

Adr.

My gut feeling is no. Their is no need for Technic to have a six wire • flex. I'm
pretty sure it's more expensive from a manufacturing point of view and • it's
bulkier. Also why go to all the expense of having to redesign all the • current 9V
parts?

Theirs no demand, so I doubt it'll happen.

Steve

It does seem to go away from the whole compatability isuue that LEGO has
always gone on about.

Although with 4 or 6 wires that you can get with those type of conectors it
means that you have two wires for power (0v/ground and +v) and the other
wires for signal/data which does make for better sensors and RCX to RCX chat
etc etc.

Just my instant thoughts.

Gaz.