 Trains / 26005
Re: Indian EMU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 03:37:27 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote:

   It’s a wide, wide-gauge train but I just couldn’t bring myself to go to seven wide even though the model REALLY needs it. I might be able to squeeze one plate lower (need to check on a brickbuilt version) but unfortunately any lower than that and my minifigs will fall off the sides. I might try to force myself to widen it but it is hard for me to do.

Seriously-- why would that be “hard to do”? Aversion to creating wide trains is baffling to me. This MOC could easily be built 9 wide, going by the looks of the prototype, and it would look great at that width!

Forget about conventions, Tim. Capture the look of what you are modeling. I always find that “function follows form”. Work out the running details later (if even necessary).

You have a great start on this MOC. Now hit the ball out of the park:-)

JOHN