 Trains / 24344
Re: Peak Diesel Engine (was Re: BNSF new paint)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 01:13:05 GMT

Mark Bellis wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:

Snip

for example I also love the British
<http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/gb/diesel/37/37_0/BR/37217-S153.jpg BR
Class 37> especially in dirty faded BR blue like this one!

Wait- This looks like the Deltic 55... what's the difference?

Legoswami Samarth

A lot of the British diesel designs of the 50's and 60's had the nose, which
is probably their most distinctive design element. As well as the
<http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/gb/diesel/55/don-55019-jp.jpg Deltic>
(class 55) and 37, the classes
<http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/gb/diesel/40/40162.jpg 40>,
<http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/gb/diesel/44/UKMRC44.jpg 44>,
<http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/gb/diesel/45/45_1/45112-crewe-jp.jpg 45>,
and <http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/gb/diesel/46/SD865.jpg 46> also had a
long nose.
The 37 is a lower power design and a Co-Co, the 40, 44, 45 and 46
are all fairly similar and more powerful 1-Co-Co-1s...

Finally got round to posting some pics of my Class 44 Peak diesel engine.  When
moving over the points, the articulated bogies are a sight to behold!

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/Trains/Diesel/Class-44-Peak/peak_curve_ba_agm_2004.jpg>

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/Trains/Diesel/Class-44-Peak/peak_half_angle_ba_agm_2004.jpg>

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/Trains/Diesel/Class-44-Peak/peak_straight_ba_agm_2004.jpg>

PLMKWYT

Mark

Hey just had to chime in. I like the engine, but I had to add that I
like the "support beam visible through the vent effect" that you did
with the SNOTted grille tiles.

Chris