 Trains / 24156
Re: BNSF new paint
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:04:39 GMT

   Meh... I think its because you guys are old school. Which is not to say I don’t like any of the old stuff; For example, I LOVE hood units from ALCo, EMD- but I like the new Diesels (and the schemes) as well. Its a relief from some of the extremely disgusting liveries we have here. BTW, have any of you seen KTM Malaysia/German Railway’s blue tiger? It is my DREAM to build one, after some other projects are out of the way: Its THE favourite Diesel for me.... Beautiful.

Legoswami Samarth

Hey, Lar, he’s saying we are old! :-P

Tim

With regards the blue tiger, I have to say that stylistically it just doesn’t float my boat, my preferences are things like this angular German DB 185 or the more rounded Swiss BLS 465.
BUT, ugly locos are interesting and more fun to model, and they have their own charm, for example I also love the British BR Class 37 especially in dirty faded BR blue like this one!