 Trains / 23431
Re: Motorized Switch using Monkey Motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 17:40:35 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mark Riley wrote:

<snip>

No more unsightly wires running all over the layout!  All you need is a track
connector going to the switch motor.  In fact, since I've already modified
some of my switches for DCC operation (i.e. both routes always powered), I
plan on adding a short wire to each switch for connection straight to the
smart motor.

Mark

<snip>

Oh My Goodness!  I didn't even think of that!  I've modified all my switches to
have both sides powered, but gettting a 9v wire out to a DCC enabled switch
motor--that's extraordinarily brilliant!

Time for me to either modify the actual motors, or build more
DCC-Chip-In-A-Brick adapters.  Too bad I can't get the electrical plates from
S@H anymore.  Dacta, expect a phone call in the near future.

Very nicely done, Mark!

Dave K