 Trains / 17657
Re: Free Shipping over $99 at S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 13:24:39 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Maggie Cambron writes:
In lugnet.trains, Ed McGlynn writes:

Be aware that if you sign in with an existing account, you don't get the
free shipping on >$99 - at least that was my experience.  If you enter
shipping/billing info during checkout without logging in, you will got free
shipping on orders over $99.

Just x-posting this in case there are other non-train folk who fail to
stumble upon this useful info.

Maggie C.

Quick update - I ran into the problem again on the website and realized that
all orders were experiencing problems applying discount codes with the >$99
free shipping deal.  I was messing with session cookies at the time I posted
above, and may have stumbled into a temporary correction.  I called S@H and
placed and order there, and they reported that they were indeed experiencing
problems with the website not accepting multiple discount codes, and expect
to correct it today.  As a matter of fact, the order system that the rep was
using also experienced the same problem, but she had a way to manually
override that and correct it real-time.

I'm not sure if this is just for the application of the TS022 code w/free
shipping, or if it applies to a general application of any multiple of
codes, but that would be nice, wouldn't it?

Anyway, nice to hear that they (S@H) are aware of the problem and working to
fix it instead of the usual standard in other customer service industries
whereby they shrug and take your money anyway.

Ed