 Trains / 17125
Re: MOC: 4-6-4 Hudson
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 21:18:25 GMT

I spent several hours at work today drooling over your Shay.

Glad to be of service!

Any chance we'll get to see a little movie clip of the
mechanism working?

Good idea, although it'll be a digicam clip so not a very
good framerate. Sadly the valve pistons are more for looks
than authenticity - I couldn't find a way to get them to
reciprocate in the opposite direction to the drive pistons.

I'll reply more to your Shay in another post :)

Look forward to it.

Luckily, the mosaic set is pure bullion for 1x1s.  For $30
(I think), you can get over 2000 pieces in white, black,
and greys, and you get to choose the distribution.

So that's it. I'd been under the (understandably mistaken)
impression that the mosaic set used tiles, not plates. I'll
have to get one of those.

There a great little Mission Deep Sea Alpha Team set, #4791,

I seem to remember another post talking about this - thanks
for the tip. Good news about the 2x4 wings - I was looking
for these because the Bachmann Shay cylinders have a triangular
plate flat against the cylinder - I think the extended corner
supports part of the valve gear. But I didn't have any - soon
to be corrected.

Cheers for all the help.

Will