 Trains / 17017
Re: MOC: 4-6-4 Hudson
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 22:28:13 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Will Vale writes:

(4)  In addition to the shining headlight, the coal furnace actually works!

<snip excellent implementation details>

I'm really tempted to add such a feature to my Shay, especially since
you've described it so thoroughly. Many thanks.

I spent several hours at work today drooling over your Shay.  Any chance we'll
get to see a little movie clip of the mechanism working?

I'll reply more to your Shay in another post :)

A couple of parts questions:

* Where did you find so many black 1x1 plates? I've spent the last few days
searching all over my collection (which I thought was reasonably
representative of basic parts), and they seem like gold dust.

Luckily, the mosaic set is pure bullion for 1x1s.  For $30 (I think), you can
get over 2000 pieces in white, black, and greys, and you get to choose the
distribution.

* It looks like you used black droid bodies for the cylinders mounted
under the walkway. Is that what they are? If so, where did you find
them in that colour?

There a great little Mission Deep Sea Alpha Team set, #4791, Sub Surface
Scooter.  It comes with two Droid Bodies in black, two dark grey harpoon guns,
two black 2x4 wing pieces, two black 2x2 domes, a dark grey 2x4 (?) winch, and
a handful of other great pieces, all for $7.00.  It's one of my favorite piece
sets in the current product line!

Thanks for the kind comments, Will.

-s