 Trains / 17016
Re: MOC: 4-6-4 Hudson
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 22:05:31 GMT

Hi Shaun,

I uploaded pics of my 4-6-4 Hudson steam engine and tender this afternoon.

That's absolutely incredible. The outline is just right, with a fantastic
sense of power and presence, particularly in the low-angle pictures. And
then all the details. Ah, the details. Wonderful.

(4)  In addition to the shining headlight, the coal furnace actually works!

<snip excellent implementation details>

I'm really tempted to add such a feature to my Shay, especially since
you've described it so thoroughly. Many thanks.

A couple of parts questions:

* Where did you find so many black 1x1 plates? I've spent the last few days
  searching all over my collection (which I thought was reasonably
  representative of basic parts), and they seem like gold dust.

* It looks like you used black droid bodies for the cylinders mounted
  under the walkway. Is that what they are? If so, where did you find
  them in that colour?

Many thanks in advance,

Will