 Trains / 17005
  MOC: 4-6-4 Hudson

Hi all, I uploaded pics of my 4-6-4 Hudson steam engine and tender this afternoon. They can be found at: (URL) couple of points about the engine: (1) For once, I can recount the exact date of conception for the project! I started working on the (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: MOC: 4-6-4 Hudson

(...) Shaun, Thanks for taking the time to post descriptions and photos of the fine detailed workings of your excellent Hudson. This model was beautiful to see in person at BrickFest. Well-deserving of the BrickFest 2002 "Best Train MOC". later, (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: 4-6-4 Hudson

WOW, that looks NICE, my dad though it was a model, not lego! If i had the time i'd build like that Josh (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: 4-6-4 Hudson

Hi Shaun, (...) That's absolutely incredible. The outline is just right, with a fantastic sense of power and presence, particularly in the low-angle pictures. And then all the details. Ah, the details. Wonderful. (...) <snip excellent implementation (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: 4-6-4 Hudson

(...) I spent several hours at work today drooling over your Shay. Any chance we'll get to see a little movie clip of the mechanism working? I'll reply more to your Shay in another post :) (...) Luckily, the mosaic set is pure bullion for 1x1s. For (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: 4-6-4 Hudson

(...) Hi James, Thanks for the comments. I have to say again, it was an honor meeting you at Brickfest. I've been mulling over some of the things we talked about, and I have some promising thought on how I can incorporate some of your ideas into an (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: 4-6-4 Hudson

(...) Thanks, Josh! (and Josh's father) -s (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: 4-6-4 Hudson

(...) Wow, Shaun, you have outdone even yourself here! You have raised the bar so high that it will be extremely difficult to top. Your double piston rod design is nothing short of amazing; Ross was extremely impressed! (a higher compliment I can't (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: 4-6-4 Hudson

(...) Of course, I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that in the BrickFest 2002 general competition (I don't know about the Town/Train room's own competition, someone can maybe fill me in?) Shaun's 4-6-4 Hudson took the award for "Best Train." Given (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: 4-6-4 Hudson

(...) Fantastic work Shaun! You really have created a Master Model. All the small detailing parts makes it look so good. Good use of the 'string parts' (or what they now are called) from the Camel set. Beautiful and very inventive cowcatcher of (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: 4-6-4 Hudson

(...) Glad to be of service! (...) Good idea, although it'll be a digicam clip so not a very good framerate. Sadly the valve pistons are more for looks than authenticity - I couldn't find a way to get them to reciprocate in the opposite direction to (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: 4-6-4 Hudson

(...) Thanks, Mattias. (...) I'll try and take some pictures within the next week or so. Sadly, everything's been tucked in neat little boxes for the past two weeks, since we just moved into a new house and the setup of the LEGO room (yay!) is (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)