 Town / 9601
Re: A new building in Cafe Corner size
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2007 21:47:41 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Andreas Böker wrote:
   Hi friends,

cafe corner is an incredible good looking set. It is a must to build additions in the same scale. I tried to do the last days and thats the result: ....

I hope you enjoy this little moc.

Andreas Böker (abhf)

Very impressive. I had seen your town diorama before and this is a nicely scaled version of you previous “full-sized” building. The doorway looks like that of a cathedral and even the sidewalk is inovatingly done with the alternating paving stones.

I bought one of the Corner Cafe sets but I have yet to build any of my own buildings in an appropriate scale (I had been relying on other MichLUG members to do that). It looks a bit overwelmed next to a skyscraper but would look good next to other 2-5 story buildings. One reason I bought the set was to cast my vote of approval that Lego would cater to the more serious town builder.

I am somewhat suprised that you had not purchased the set. I can’t image that price would be a problem for you since you have built many large MOCs so I would strongly recommend the set. There are a lot of good parts - even the inside wall next to the staircase has parts with relatively rare colors including dark blue.

-Jim