 Town / 8846
Re: Brownstone (but, it is tan)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:38:22 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jan-Albert van Ree wrote:
Jonathan Lopes wrote:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=173207>

Looks awesome!

Thanks!

One question : was there a specific reason for the 1/2stud offset around the
windows? I mean it looks great, specially with the tiles left&right of the
door, but was there an actual reason for this obvious builders torture?

Well, the arch piece is 3 wide.  Using the 1/2 stud offset was the only way I
could figure out how to make it work w/o leaving holes towards the top of the
arch.  It was a little difficult to do, but building in tan made it a little
easier.  I am currently doing a building with these same arches but the body of
the building is dark orange.  Much fewer parts to choose from.  I have run out
of curse words and started making up new ones because of all the obsticals I
have encountered with it.

Sometimes I tend to make things more difficult than they are, though.  Can it be
done w/o the offset?  Anyone?

WRT the red door, looks awesome! But if I might make a suggestion, try
changing those vertical SNOT'ted tiles into another color, white (would
need a white plate on top too for better effect) or dark-grey perhaps?

Ah ha!  I didn't think of that.  I'll try dk bley tonight.  Thanks!

Thanks for looking and commenting!

Jonathan