 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3280

Subject:
Brownstone (but, it is tan)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 15:56:55 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

When we first saw the recent firetruck set with the fenders (?) I knew I wanted
to use those parts for lintels on a building.  I thought they were nearly
perfect.  I wish they were attached to a plate rather than a brick, but I made
it work anyway, here:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=173207>

I am very happy with the way this building turned out.  Building three wide
windows was a little challenging as it affected the whole building.  Getting the
door to line up was a little tough.

Feedback and thoughts are appreciated.

thanks,
Jonathan

Re: Brownstone (but, it is tan)
In lugnet.announce.moc, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
When we first saw the recent firetruck set with the fenders (?) I knew I wanted
to use those parts for lintels on a building.  I thought they were nearly
perfect.  I wish they were attached to a plate rather than a brick, but I made
it work anyway, here:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=173207>

I am very happy with the way this building turned out.  Building three wide
windows was a little challenging as it affected the whole building.  Getting the
door to line up was a little tough.

Feedback and thoughts are appreciated.

thanks,
Jonathan

Another great building from you Jonathan. The wheel hubs (?) are perfect for the
windows and a wonderfully clever use of parts. My favourite bit though is the
door. It screams Sesame Street to me in a very good way ;)

Tim

Re: Brownstone (but, it is tan)
In lugnet.announce.moc, Jonathan Lopes wrote:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=173207>

Another great building from you Jonathan. The wheel hubs (?) are perfect for the
windows and a wonderfully clever use of parts.

Thanks!

My favourite bit though is the
door. It screams Sesame Street to me in a very good way ;)

And, only taken in a good way. :o)

I thought the red might be a little to much, to bright, but I like the way it
adds pop! to the facade.

thanks again,
Jonathan

Re: Brownstone (but, it is tan)
When we first saw the recent firetruck set with the fenders (?) I knew I
wanted
to use those parts for lintels on a building.  I thought they were nearly
perfect.  I wish they were attached to a plate rather than a brick, but I
made it work anyway, here:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=173207>

I am very happy with the way this building turned out.  Building three
wide
windows was a little challenging as it affected the whole building.
Getting the door to line up was a little tough.

Looks awesome!
One question : was there a specific reason for the 1/2stud offset around the
windows? I mean it looks great, specially with the tiles left&right of the
door, but was there an actual reason for this obvious builders torture?

WRT the red door, looks awesome! But if I might make a suggestion, try
changing those vertical SNOT'ted tiles into another color, white (would
need a white plate on top too for better effect) or dark-grey perhaps?

Damn I feel inspired! If only I could use these idea's in my current
project...
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/

Re: Brownstone (but, it is tan)