 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3280
  Brownstone (but, it is tan)

When we first saw the recent firetruck set with the fenders (?) I knew I wanted to use those parts for lintels on a building. I thought they were nearly perfect. I wish they were attached to a plate rather than a brick, but I made it work anyway, (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town) !!

  Re: Brownstone (but, it is tan)

(...) Another great building from you Jonathan. The wheel hubs (?) are perfect for the windows and a wonderfully clever use of parts. My favourite bit though is the door. It screams Sesame Street to me in a very good way ;) Tim (18 years ago, 13-Mar-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Brownstone (but, it is tan)

(...) Thanks! (...) And, only taken in a good way. :o) I thought the red might be a little to much, to bright, but I like the way it adds pop! to the facade. thanks again, Jonathan (18 years ago, 13-Mar-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Brownstone (but, it is tan)

(...) Looks awesome! One question : was there a specific reason for the 1/2stud offset around the windows? I mean it looks great, specially with the tiles left&right of the door, but was there an actual reason for this obvious builders torture? WRT (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Brownstone (but, it is tan)

(...) Thanks! (...) Well, the arch piece is 3 wide. Using the 1/2 stud offset was the only way I could figure out how to make it work w/o leaving holes towards the top of the arch. It was a little difficult to do, but building in tan made it a (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Brownstone (but, it is tan)

(...) Nice. This was one of the "secret" buildings from last month, right? It came out sweet. (SL, TFS) ++Lar (18 years ago, 13-Mar-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Brownstone (but, it is tan)

(...) Yes it was. Thanks! The other one is coming along, very slowly. . . Hope you're well. Jonathan (18 years ago, 13-Mar-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Brownstone (but, it is tan)

--SNIP-- (...) --SNIP-- Hi Jonathan, It can be done without the offset... just. I did up a version in dark orange using only available pieces.. (2 URLs) BS - more pics and the MPD> That was a fun challenge. Tim (18 years ago, 13-Mar-06, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Brownstone (but, it is tan)

(...) Wow. VERY impressive! You blow me away with how quickly you crank this stuff out. Excellent. Jonathan (18 years ago, 13-Mar-06, to lugnet.town, FTX)