 Town / 8788
Re: Layout of Jonathan Lopes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 16:32:46 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I got a chance to meet up with Jonathan last night and he took me back to his
place... not to look at his etchings but rather at his town/train layout. I
took lots of pictures.

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lar/OtherPeople/JonathanLopesFeb2006/dscn6582.jpg>
A fire station>

* A fire station (one of many)

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lar/OtherPeople/JonathanLopesFeb2006/dscn6595.jpg>
Ya but where were they when you needed them?>

* Ya but where were they when you needed them?

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lar/OtherPeople/JonathanLopesFeb2006/dscn6593.jpg>
Cracks in the foundation>

* Cracks in the foundation let the plants grow out.

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lar/OtherPeople/JonathanLopesFeb2006/dscn6604.jpg>
Half a car>

* Half a car, trains in the cut, back alley goodness

Some major eye candy for town/train fans ...

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=167917 Brickshelf folder>

I like the burned out buildings and general gritty NYC neighborhood/"ashcan"
look he's been able to achieve with this layout even if it's not quite "done"
yet... There were some things I was not permitted to photograph because they
are not yet revealed (jawdroppingly great) entries for Ondrew's town contest.
Hopefully we'll be seeing lots more of this layout!

++Lar

Simply WOW! I never realized his layout was that large. There are some great
details. I love the garbage truck and the 13plate tall windows. The horizontal
railing on the second road bridge is another great idea as well as the city salt
truck. Very cool, I look forward to Jonathan's submissions.  Ondrew

p.s. DUDE that's a rediculus amount of grey tiles! you lucky bas... um i mean
lego dude. =)