 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3230
Subject:
Layout of Jonathan Lopes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 15:34:28 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I got a chance to meet up with Jonathan last night and he took me back to his place... not to look at his etchings but rather at his town/train layout. I took lots of pictures.

  • A fire station (one of many)

  • Ya but where were they when you needed them?

  • Cracks in the foundation let the plants grow out.

  • Half a car, trains in the cut, back alley goodness
Some major eye candy for town/train fans ...

Brickshelf folder

I like the burned out buildings and general gritty NYC neighborhood/”ashcan” look he’s been able to achieve with this layout even if it’s not quite “done” yet... There were some things I was not permitted to photograph because they are not yet revealed (jawdroppingly great) entries for Ondrew’s town contest. Hopefully we’ll be seeing lots more of this layout!

++Lar

Re: Layout of Jonathan Lopes
In lugnet.announce.moc, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I got a chance to meet up with Jonathan last night and he took me back to his
place... not to look at his etchings but rather at his town/train layout. I
took lots of pictures.

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lar/OtherPeople/JonathanLopesFeb2006/dscn6582.jpg>
A fire station>

* A fire station (one of many)

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lar/OtherPeople/JonathanLopesFeb2006/dscn6595.jpg>
Ya but where were they when you needed them?>

* Ya but where were they when you needed them?

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lar/OtherPeople/JonathanLopesFeb2006/dscn6593.jpg>
Cracks in the foundation>

* Cracks in the foundation let the plants grow out.

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lar/OtherPeople/JonathanLopesFeb2006/dscn6604.jpg>
Half a car>

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=167917 Brickshelf folder>

I like the burned out buildings and general gritty NYC neighborhood/"ashcan"
look he's been able to achieve with this layout even if it's not quite "done"
yet... There were some things I was not permitted to photograph because they
are not yet revealed (jawdroppingly great) entries for Ondrew's town contest.
Hopefully we'll be seeing lots more of this layout!

++Lar

Simply WOW! I never realized his layout was that large. There are some great
details. I love the garbage truck and the 13plate tall windows. The horizontal
railing on the second road bridge is another great idea as well as the city salt
truck. Very cool, I look forward to Jonathan's submissions.  Ondrew

p.s. DUDE that's a rediculus amount of grey tiles! you lucky bas... um i mean
lego dude. =)

Re: Layout of Jonathan Lopes
In lugnet.announce.moc, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   I got a chance to meet up with Jonathan last night and he took me back to his place... not to look at his etchings but rather at his town/train layout. I took lots of pictures.

--SNIP--

I like the burned out buildings and general gritty NYC neighborhood/”ashcan” look he’s been able to achieve with this layout even if it’s not quite “done” yet... There were some things I was not permitted to photograph because they are not yet revealed (jawdroppingly great) entries for Ondrew’s town contest. Hopefully we’ll be seeing lots more of this layout!

++Lar

Wow!!!! This layout is truly inspirational. Between Ondrew’s and yours we’ve got wonderful nature and wonderful urban nature. Fantastic!

Thanks Lar for posting these pictures too. There are some things that need to be seen work-in-progress and this is one of them. I also notice a lot of cars in the background. Desperately looking forward to seeing more of this.

Tim

Re: Layout of Jonathan Lopes
In lugnet.announce.moc, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   I got a chance to meet up with Jonathan last night and he took me back to his place... not to look at his etchings but rather at his town/train layout. I took lots of pictures.

Some major eye candy for town/train fans ...

Brickshelf folder

I like the burned out buildings and general gritty NYC neighborhood/”ashcan” look he’s been able to achieve with this layout even if it’s not quite “done” yet... There were some things I was not permitted to photograph because they are not yet revealed (jawdroppingly great) entries for Ondrew’s town contest. Hopefully we’ll be seeing lots more of this layout!

++Lar

Thanks again, Lar, for the photo’s, the hang, the feedback and the enthusiasm.

Indeed, there will be MOC’s more coming.

Safe travels.

Jonathan

Re: Layout of Jonathan Lopes
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   I got a chance to meet up with Jonathan last night and he took me back to his place... not to look at his etchings but rather at his town/train layout. I took lots of pictures.

--SNIP--

I like the burned out buildings and general gritty NYC neighborhood/”ashcan” look he’s been able to achieve with this layout even if it’s not quite “done” yet... There were some things I was not permitted to photograph because they are not yet revealed (jawdroppingly great) entries for Ondrew’s town contest. Hopefully we’ll be seeing lots more of this layout!

++Lar

Wow!!!! This layout is truly inspirational. Between Ondrew’s and yours we’ve got wonderful nature and wonderful urban nature. Fantastic!

Thanks! Ondrew’s layout provided a lot of inspiration for mine.

Thanks Lar for posting these pictures too. There are some things that need to be seen work-in-progress and this is one of them. I also notice a lot of cars in the background. Desperately looking forward to seeing more of this.

Tim

Sometimes I don’t know ‘when’ to take pictures. You know, how far along I should be before I showcase things. Lar being in town worked out great because I probably would have waited a long time before I took them myself.

Thanks for the compliments and for looking!

Jonathan

Re: Layout of Jonathan Lopes
[...]

I wish the tiles were old grey but bley works just fine.  Tiled sidewalks are
the way to go in my book.  Along with tiled just about everything.

Thanks for looking, posting and thanks once again for your breath of life into
the town community as of late.

Jonathan

Re: Layout of Jonathan Lopes