 Technic / 8627
Re: Mechanical Automatic Transmission
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 11:08:11 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Tim Hall writes:
I realize this thread is really old but I just got interested in it. I was
wondering how to download the instructions. I downloaded MLCAD which, as I
see it, needs .dat files and all I can get are .txt files. This is coming
from an extreme newbie but I could not figure out what the heck to do. Any
help that anyone can give me on this would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Tim

Assuming you correctly installed LDRAW and MLCAD or other GUI and now you
want to look at downloaded *.files (models)

You're trying to download *.dat files from Lugnet database or somewhere
else, I guess.
If it's so, than, probably, your Internet explorer recognized them as pure
text files (they ARE text in real!)and saved them as *.txt
If you use any file manager as FAR, you should see your *.dat files with new
extension (mine are usually saved as something.dat.txt). Simply delete .txt
extension and it should help

hopefully I answered what you asked

bye rob