 Technic / 6161
Subject:
Mechanical Automatic Transmission
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 04:28:50 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I made a three speed, fully mechanical, automatic transmission a few weeks
ago, and put a description of it on a web page.  It uses a locking
differential to select the gears, and I've not seen that done in lego
before.  If you are interested, the URL is:

http://ichabod.last-outpost.com/~malakai/lego/index.html

Thanks!

-jsj

Re: Mechanical Automatic Transmission
I made a three speed, fully mechanical, automatic transmission a few weeks
ago, and put a description of it on a web page.  It uses a locking
differential to select the gears, and I've not seen that done in lego
before.  If you are interested, the URL is:

http://ichabod.last-outpost.com/~malakai/lego/index.html

Thanks!

Couldn't have put it better myself! Except perhaps many thanks! That's really
neat, Jeff! I think I've worked out how it all goes together - I'm gonna have
to try it out on the weekend!

And I'd be interested in details of your 9-speed gearbox as well!

ROSCO

Re: Mechanical Automatic Transmission
  Awesome!  Thanks for building one of these.  Have you put together any
instructions or a .dat file?  I'd like to use this in a 4x4 I'm building.
Thanks again.

-Nathan

In lugnet.technic, Jeff Jahr writes:
I made a three speed, fully mechanical, automatic transmission a few weeks
ago, and put a description of it on a web page.  It uses a locking
differential to select the gears, and I've not seen that done in lego
before.  If you are interested, the URL is:

http://ichabod.last-outpost.com/~malakai/lego/index.html

Thanks!

-jsj

Re: Mechanical Automatic Transmission
I wish I coulda put one of them in this:

Seriously, that's shwweet.

Excellent job, ha, I'm still trying to figure it out!

Eric Sophie
www.mylegomaster.com

In lugnet.technic, Jeff Jahr writes:
I made a three speed, fully mechanical, automatic transmission a few weeks
ago, and put a description of it on a web page.  It uses a locking
differential to select the gears, and I've not seen that done in lego
before.  If you are interested, the URL is:

http://ichabod.last-outpost.com/~malakai/lego/index.html

Thanks!

-jsj

Re: Mechanical Automatic Transmission
I made a three speed, fully mechanical, automatic transmission a few weeks
ago, and put a description of it on a web page.  It uses a locking
differential to select the gears, and I've not seen that done in lego
before.  If you are interested, the URL is:

http://ichabod.last-outpost.com/~malakai/lego/index.html

Thanks!

Wow!
Very clever. From what I know this is the first purely mechanical automatic
gear shift. It's really impressive.

Ciao
Mario

Re: Mechanical Automatic Transmission
That's wonderful, but I am still not sure how it does work, although my
major was mechanical Engineering:)
Do you have any .dat file?

Zhengrong