 Technic / 2345
Re: Six bladed propeller, pls help.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 01:02:38 GMT

"Tobbe Arnesson" <tnt@arnesson.nu> wrote in message
news:39cb09b1.90191258@lugnet.com...
Thanks all!

I have done some thinking of my own and made up a quick CAD-file of my
thought, please take a look of it and let me know what you think.

One thing you can do with this also is replace the 6 outward stubs with a
technic liftarm--either the 1x3 one (part 6632), or the 1x4 one (part 2825).
This has a few consequences.  One, it makes the structure slightly more
compact vertically (assuming that this is axis of the prop is vertical).
Second it changes the connection points to something that I feel is more
conducive to propeller blades.  Instead of having axles radiating outward,
you have liftarms, to which it is easy to attach plates.

I found that it also allows for additional structural support, if you choose
to add it.  I took a few pictures with my digital camera of a prop that I
put together.  You can kind of see the extra support I added (the black
pieces) in the last two pictures.  Sorry about the use of black, which
doesn't photograph well, but I didn't have anything else handy.  The
pictures can be found here:

http://home.san.rr.com/tcobbs/Misc/Prop.html

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@san.REMOVE.rr.com)