 Technic / 2308
2307  |  2309
Subject:
Six bladed propeller, pls help.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:38:58 GMT

Hi!

I'm currently working on an aircraft in Technic and I need help to
construct an propeller. The model I'm copying uses a propeller with
six "blades" (are they perhaps named rotors?).

I figured that I can use the medium pulley wheel as base to mount the
blades on since it's the only piece known to me that has holes mounted
with 60 degrees difference (eg. 6 holes in a circle).

But how do I make the blades fixed in the right 60 degree position?
Is there a better way? I can mount three half-beams across the pulley
wheel but it will make the blades "offset" to each other and a
solution for this will look plain stupid, IMHO. Perhaps I can "fake"
the solution all around so it looks like it how it should be? Hey,
writing your problems down help :)

I tried to make one with four blades but I wasn't happy with that
design either.

Ideas? Suggestions? They're all welcome :)

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Greetings from Sweden,
/Tobbe