 Technic / 2326
Re: Six bladed propeller, pls help.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 11:54:32 GMT

Tobbe Arnesson wrote:

Selçuk, I'm not that used to the CAD softwares availible, I tried to
find the model where it was used though and had no luck. But I'm
afraid this is a "one piece" propeller that can't be customized, eg.
no studs?

No no... It's built from the basic parts like 6-hole small technic
pulleys, 1/2 pins and regular plates. This simple design dated from
early 1980's, there was no such propellers exist at that time. Look at
the picture

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2081 for a fuzzy and
blurry picture. It's tail rotor of the helicopter

Actually, I think it could be converted to a 6-blade one by the help of
newly introduced rounded-end 1x5 plates with axle hole (new versions of
the old 2-blade technic rotor, with holes and teeth removed) but I think
yours is much more sturdy, although thicker.

Selçuk