 Technic / 15666
Re: Technic Manas Truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 21:24:16 GMT

In lugnet.technic, David Wegmuller wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Ian Power wrote:
Hey guys...

Might remember me... I posted the "Millenia Car" last year (was on the side bar
for ages!).

Anyway, finally got around to building something else (I lead a busy life).

Hi Ian,
Nice MOC! I agree with you: integrating a Manas is not a simple matter.
Here is an idea for you: use the spare function in the trailer's Manas to raise
/ lower a pair of landing legs (See picture of the real thing here:
http://www.barrystoodley.com.au/marketplace_display.asp?id=42) that would enable
you to uncouple from the truck...

I bought a couple of Manas sets for the same reson you did: simple IR remote
controls... I used them in the base of this excavator:
http://wegmuller.org/lego/technic/steam_shovel/index.html

Greetings,
David

You've used them nicely there! I agree with the on button issue - so far I've
managed to leave them exposed...

I thought of using the spare motor point for drop legs, but due to the fact that
the manas motors are a little timing innacurate (they don't stop as soon as you
take your finger off the bottom, getting the truck to stop under the trailer
mount point would have been torture for the operator... so I just didn't bother.
It was really only an experiment anyway...

Next project is actually going to be a bit similar to yours I think... now I
have a great reference too!