 Technic / 15402
Re: United Air Lines DC-3 with working props and landing gear
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:28:11 GMT

In lugnet.technic, TWS Garrison <twBASSs@ISmorBESTfydd.net> wrote:

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, Bill Ward wrote:

On the leading edge of each wing are “de-icing boots” which are made of rubber
in the real plane. These are modeled using a curved brick that I got at
LEGOLAND
California in their “build it and buy it” area in 2003. I don’t know if they
were ever part of an official LEGO set, but I never saw them anywhere else.
It’s
the same shape as the trans-light-blue spotlights in the Soccer sets.

Are these 6192/30337
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/6192
?   Peeron shows them in black in Technic sets from the late '90s and a
4+ Pirate set from a few years ago.

Yes, that's the one.  I hadn't seen those sets.  I was too lazy to look on
Peeron :-)